Broad Side, The
Aired Monday nights at 9PM from March 5, 2001 to April 9, 2001
Based on a radio show, this television series featured the talents of four of Canada’s best comedic actors: Susan Coyne, Diane Flacks, Kathryn Greenwood and Erin McMurtry. This series had an historical theme as each woman visited a particular year in history. The show was directed by Ann Camilleri and produced by Jane Ford. Ford and Diane Flacks took four years to write the series after its success on Morningside.
1. Chopin’s Sister was set in the leafy English countryside in 1864 and centred around an aristocratic young woman who longed to be a pianist until marriage put a detour in her career path.
2. Little Bar on the Klondike was set in northern Canada in 1896.
3. Medieval Woman was set in Britain in 1160.
4. There’s No Nicer Witch Than You, was set in Salem, Massachusetts in 1651.
5. Four Women and a French Farce was set in Paris in 1793.
6. Big Bottom Botticelli was set in Florence, Italy in 1495.
Written by John Corcelli - April, 2006